A paddle, hike, and camping trip for the causal adventurer! From Sea-to-Summit, Gone Paddling takes you there! All meals included!
This overnight paddle and hiking tour is among our most unique tours and is for those who really want a varied adventure. The trip includes: sea kayaking, hiking, and tent camping in the Norwegian wilderness!
Upon arrival at our shop on Herdla, you will go through a trip orientation and safety meeting before packing for the tour. At the water’s edge we continue the safety discussion where we demonstrate and practice rescue techniques. Once completed, we will load the boats and get underway! On the water you will experience the tranquil beauty of the coastal fjords, while making progress towards the overnight destination. We may stop for breaks and snacks as required throughout the afternoon.
Upon arrival, we’ll unload the boats and hike to our overnight destination. Your guide will help you set up camp and begin preparing dinner. After dinner you can relax and take in the breathtaking views from the mountain over the fjord and the islands of the archipelago.
The following morning, your guide will arrange a healthy breakfast to prepare everyone for the return hike and paddling to follow.
Once back on Herdla, we’ll unload the boats and the guide will transfer all pictures taken during the trip and let you get on with your next adventure! Those guests who booked the transport add-on will be taken back to the city center.
Breakfast (day 2), Lunch (days 1 & 2), Dinner (day 1).
At our shop on Herdla. The drive is approximately 50 mins from Bergen city center, but traffic could affect your timing, so please plan to be early. Use the parking provided and come in to the shop. Transportation option from Bergen city center is available at the time of purchase and includes the return.
Address: Herdla Fort, Herdla 5315. If using Google Maps, enter “Gone Paddling AS”.
• Maximum 4 people on each tour. Minimum 2 people per booking. If you would like to book for 1 person only, please contact Gone Paddling.
• All paddling gear, safety equipment, tent and meals are provided.
• Optional transport addon is available at time of purchase
• Sleeping pad & sleeping bag are not provided, but are available for rent at time of purchase
• Minimum age is 15 years, however, families or groups of 4 or more with younger children can be blocked for private tours where minimum age is reduced to 7 years.
• No special training or experience is required. All tours include a comprehensive safety briefing and orientation by an experienced guide and you will be accompanied by an experienced guide at all times.
• This activity is dependent on the weather (wind) and any activities cancelled for this reason may be rebooked to another departure or refunded. Cancellation due to weather conditions may come with little notice.
• Gone Paddling are members of Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics and are passionate about sustainable adventure tourism.
• Alcohol is not permitted.
Guests must bring any personal items including:
clothes, toiletries and bedding (sleeping bag and pad- also available for rental), personal snacks, insect spray, etc. We recommend warm clothes for the cooler evenings, sunglasses & sunscreen, rainproof outerwear- in case of rain, sleeping mask if you are bothered by the longer summer days and early morning sun, and rechargeable battery for personal electronics. Complete list will follow booking confirmation.
Missing something? Gear up at our shop on Herdla and receive a guest discount!
Daily departures: 01 May-30 Sept
11:00 start day 1, approx. 17:00 finish on day 2.
Optional transport departs Bergen at 10:30 on day 1 and returns approx. 17:00 on day 2. Pick up and drop off: Between the Norled Terminal and the Tourist Information. See map here.
Transport (pick up and drop off in Bergen city center): NOK 450
Sleeping pad (for hire): NOK 150
Sleeping bag (for hire): NOK 150
The trip must be booked at least 7 days before departure.
Your email confirmation is your ticket. Please show your confirmation on your mobile device or a printed copy at the start of the tour.
Cancellation more than 14 days before departure will be 100% refunded.
Cancellations 7-14 days prior to departure will be refunded 50%.
Cancellation by less than 7 days of departure will not be refunded.
In case of bad weather and where Gone Paddling will cancel the trip, you will get a full refund. Rainy weather is not considered bad weather only wind and lightning / thunder.
|From 15 years old||2,900.00 Tickets|
|* Price from|